Just when I thought life with small children was getting better, this month came along and smacked me in the face. It's probably a combination of being inside, my mood rubbing off on them and the upcoming changes they face but man, have they been hard work. Think screaming, destruction and general mischief.
So we're slowly getting ready for school time and the gradual adjustment to a new stage in our lives. Still having fun, just with a little more energy, more conflict (for the first time these kids are fighting. We've done well to avoid it this far!) and with a much more tired mama at the end of the day.
On a positive note, the garden has been coming along splendidly and we've had our first harvest of kale, runner beans, tomatoes and beetroot. We've been eating well and training for the 10 mile run is going swimmingly (as it were).
Here are some of the things we've loved this month...
1. Running down hills in a brief sunny spell
2. Racing against the dog
3. Watching the balloons in between tantrums
4. Sheltering in a dreary Bristol back street
5. Snuggling when the energy runs out
6. Finishing the latest project
7. Harvesting the first crop (complete with caterpillars *shudder*)
8. Eating the good stuff
9. Drawing the first family portrait (I know to you this is just another kid scribble but to me it's Picasso-how cute?)