I've since lost the magazine but thought I'd try to recreate it this afternoon. It's deliciously decadent and not for the faint hearted (or dieter, diabetic or those on a budget for that matter) but y'know, sometimes when it's cold, rainy and the kids need entertaining so you just have to chuck out the rule book.
You will need:
3 Mars Bars, chopped into small pieces
6 Digestive biscuits, crushed
Bag of Malteasers (I had a big bag but only used half in the cake. The rest went in my tummy)
Large bar Galaxy
1. Melt the Mars Bars and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently (mine curdled when they melted, I just removed them from the heat and whisked rapidly until they combined and it was fine)
3. Pour the mixture in a suitable dish and spread evenly until about 1cm thick
4. Pop in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set
5. Melt the Galaxy in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
5. Devour heavily, guilt-free. Cos sometimes you've just gotta.